How Long Does Spray Foam Insulation Last?
When choosing insulation for your home, there are a few different options to choose from. There is traditional fibreglass and cellulose insulation, but a more and more popular insulation option is spray foam insulation. Spray foam insulation is easy to install and very effective at keeping your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter. You may have heard about spray foam insulation and thought, "how long does spray foam insulation last? And is it safe?" The experts at Eco Thermal are here to answer all your questions about spray foam insulation! Read on to learn more!
The Types of Spray Foam Insulation.
Spray foam insulation is becoming a popular insulation option for homeowners and business owners alike. Spray foam insulation comes in two types: closed-cell and open-cell. The two types are very similar but do have some differences:
- Open-Cell Spray Foam: Open-cell foam is the most common kind of spray foam insulation. Open-cell foam is made up of tiny cells filled with air. These cells are not connected, making open-cell spray foam insulation less dense than closed-cell spray foam insulation. This type is more flexible than closed-cell spray foam and has a high R-Value.
- Closed-Cell Spray Foam: Closed-cell foam is made up of connected cells. These cells are filled with gas, generally a mixture of nitrogen and air. Closed-cell spray foam insulation is denser than open-cell foam, making it more effective for insulating your home. Closed-cell spray foam is denser than open-cell spray foam, so it can also be used to support the structure of your home.
The type of spray foam insulation you need will depend on where you are installing it. If you're insulating your attic or another area of your home that doesn't need much support, open-cell spray foam insulation will be suitable. If you're insulating your basement or another area that needs extra support, closed-cell spray foam will be the better choice.
Is Spray Foam Insulation Safe?
A common question we get is, "is spray foam insulation safe?" The answer is yes! Spray foam insulation is made up of a two-part mixture of chemicals that expand when sprayed on. Some people might be wary of using a chemical-based product in their homes, but trust us, spray foam insulation is safe. Spray foam insulation has been shown to have no negative effects on people's health or well-being, so you can sleep easy knowing that it won't harm you or your family. Our spray foam insulation is also environmentally friendly! If you're looking for a safe (and environmentally friendly) way to insulate your home against cold weather, spray foam insulation is perfect for you!
How Long Does Spray Foam Last?
Another common question we get is, "does spray foam insulation deteriorate over time?" and "how long does it last?" Spray foam insulation is becoming one of the most popular insulation choices for home and business owners, and for a good reason. Not only does it provide superior thermal protection, but it will also last a long time. Spray foam insulation can last for decades without needing to be replaced because of its unique structure. When it comes into contact with air, the polyurethane expands and fills any cracks or gaps. The isocyanate acts as a bonding agent, which helps the foam bond to surfaces. The combination of these ingredients makes spray foam insulation incredibly long-lasting and durable. If you want an insulation option that will stand the test of time, spray foam insulation is the product for you.
The Benefits of Installing Spray Foam.
There are many benefits of choosing spray foam insulation over traditional options like fibreglass or cellulose, including:
- Prevent moisture from entering your home.
- It has a very long lifespan.
- It can effectively fill small spaces that other insulation materials cannot fill.
- It will save you money on energy bills by preventing warm/cool air from entering and escaping your home.
- Its air-sealing properties will help improve your indoor air quality.
- It is fire retardant.
With so many benefits, it's easy to see why many people choose spray foam insulation over traditional options.
Eco Thermal Is Here For Your Spray Foam Insulation Needs.
When you consider all of the benefits of spray foam insulation, it becomes clear that it is a long-term investment that you won't regret making. At Eco Thermal, we specialize in high-quality spray foam installation for homeowners and business owners. When you're ready for your spray foam installation, contact us! We'll get you insulated in no time!